Deanna <3

Thursday, March 17, 2005

We Die ~ The Cluetrain Manifesto

We die are the words I most remember from chapter one in The Cluetrain Manifesto:The End of Business as Usual. We die, we do die but like the first chapter said it is usually put in a nicer way, a way that gives us a softer fall. Another part that really got to me and kind of made me teary eyed was, "..the old neighborhood isn't what it used to be. " Wow, how true is that, I mean I look at my neighborhood where I grew up and it used to be so big and enchanting. I wanted to get lost in my neighborhood and have adventures with my school friends. And now, at 19 years old I know every street, I know every store, the nearest gas station, it's old and boring. But rather than me having a nervous break down on just the first two paragraphs back in the introduction it is true about how technology such as the computer has evolved. I honestly don't know where I would be without the internet. It's an escape, we get to talk to people who are going through the same thing in chat rooms, we get to meet new people to date, we make new friends and keep up with old friends. Companies are even opening their doors to the interenet. Companies use intranets, a system where only that company can communicated with eachother. With the intranet companies can to talk to each other about the next big advertising campaign, they get to advertise their company on www dot com's. It's really evolving.
Also thanks to the intranet in a way you can talk about people without them finding out, hopefully. Thanks to the e-mail we are able to speak and pour out our feelings without ever speaking a word, so in a way you really aren't "talking" about them. And if it's just me, when I'm on the computer and using AIM or AOL, I can easily type something, something you wouldn't catch me ever saying. Do you agree?

Years and years ago people could not trade and purchase items easily without traveling to that far off land but today with technology and the internet we have websites such as Ebay to purchase, sell and trade and so on. Almost every clothing store has an "online catalogue" you can order from. Everything is right at our finger tips, we dont even have to get up and out of our chairs.

I would have to agree with Julia. I agree with her when she writes, " I thought it was a little bit of a cheap shot to grab people by manipulating them emotionally to start reading about how business and the methods they have used are going down the drain." It's true we die, but we don't need to be reminded and get lured in emotionally to talk about business and methods.

I also agree with Alexis. I agree with her when she says, "For the most part buisnesses just want to sell, they are becoming less concerned with the personality of thier company." Businesses wants to sell.. they want MONEY $$ *CHA CHING* that's all they want.. but there personality traits are slowly going down. And I believe it. It's not how it used to be.. gurr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home